UltiMaker, a global leader in desktop 3D printing, announced the launch of the new MakerBot SKETCH Large 3D printer, the latest addition to the popular MakerBot SKETCH platform. The SKETCH platform is one of the most comprehensive 3D printing solutions for education, allowing students to bring their ideas to life and preparing educators for success in the classroom.
SKETCH® Large, which has more 3D printing power than the standard SKETCH and is just as simple to use, allows educators and students to explore 3D printing on a larger scale, allowing students to develop their ideas further with bigger and bolder designs. SKETCH Large allows educators to optimise print times and focus on their priorities by accommodating up to ten student projects on a single build plate. The SKETCH Large streamlines and simplifies 3D printing large or multiple projects.
MakerBot SKETCH Large 3D Printer
UltiMaker provides a comprehensive education ecosystem for educators and students, providing them with access to a wide range of resources designed to improve classroom learning. This includes hundreds of pre-designed and tried-and-true projects and lesson plans for all grade levels, in-depth training through the MakerBot Certification™ programmes, MakerBot CloudPrint™, which can be linked to Google Classroom, and access to a growing knowledge base on Thingiverse®, one of the largest 3D printing communities of educators.
The SKETCH Large can be purchased as a single unit or as a two-unit classroom package to accommodate more students. Each MakerBot SKETCH Large comes with the following components:
- Features of an industry-leading 3D printer. SKETCH ONE (1) Large 3D printer with a fully enclosed chamber, a particulate filter, a heated and flexible build plate, touchscreen capabilities, an onboard camera, material sensors, as well as Wi-Fi and USB connectivity.
- Enough paper to last an entire school semester. SKETCH Large is compatible with MakerBot® PLA and TOUGH™ materials and comes with three (3) spools of easy-to-print MakerBot PLA.
- 3D printer training, curriculum development, and design thinking courses that are ISTE-certified. One (1) teacher licence and fifteen (15) student licences for the MakerBot Certification educator and student training programmes, which include a comprehensive curriculum programme for educators and interactive design thinking courses for students.
- Cloud software that is free and simple to use, with Google for Education integration. MakerBot CloudPrint is a cloud-based print preparation and classroom management application that allows educators to easily and securely prepare, print, manage, and monitor 3D prints.
- Access to a large library of 3D printing education resources. MakerBot Education™ on Thingiverse includes access to hundreds of lesson plans and projects for all grade levels and subjects, as well as an active educator community.
- Additional accessories for continuous printing Each printer comes with an extra build plate, a spatula, and a pair of snips.
- A team of experts provides industry-leading customer service.
“Supporting 3D printing and STEAM education continues to be one of our core tenets. We believe that making 3D printing more accessible will empower students to take their creativity to the next level. With the new SKETCH Large, educators and students can amplify their ideas and designs, unfettered by the limitations of a printer.”– Nadav Goshen, CEO, UltiMaker
“But 3D printing is more than just the printer, which is why we are continuously improving our education ecosystem—one of the most comprehensive and established 3D printing solutions on the market for educators. We aim to give educators and students the tools and resources they need to unleash their creativity and unlock the possibilities in learning.”
The MakerBot SKETCH Large has been thoroughly tested for system reliability, subsystem reliability, and print quality. Educators can print large projects with confidence thanks to SKETCH Large’s enclosed chamber, heated build plate, integrated particulate filter, and material sensors.
The SKETCH Large is expected to ship in December.
About Manufactur3D Magazine: Manufactur3D is an online magazine on 3D Printing. Visit our Tech News page for more updates on Global 3D Printing News. To stay up-to-date about the latest happenings in the 3D printing world, like us on Facebook or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.