The new handheld 3D scanner weighs only 860 grams, it requires a working distance of 300 mm, 200 mm, the scan depth is 170 mm ~ 680 mm, maximum scan range is 600 mm×550 mm and has a scan accuracy of Up to 0.02 mm.
“Photogrammetry plays an important role in the 3D scanning of big objects, providing a guarantee of high accuracy. We fuse the power of laser and photogrammetry in the FreeScan UE Pro to provide a highly efficient all-in-one solution for large-scale 3D inspection and reverse engineering.”– Sunny Wong, Product Manager Industrial Products, SHINING 3D
SHINING 3D’s FreeScan UE Pro
FreeScan UE Pro inherits FreeScan UE’s high-precision, metrology-grade accuracy, and lightweight design, while improving fine scanning and global precision control of large-scale workpiece scanning. It uses 26+5+1 blue laser lines and includes a photogrammetric module. Taking speed, accuracy, and details into account, this professional 3D metrology solution can be applied to various sized scanning scenarios and perform metrology-grade accuracy inspection, reverse design, additive manufacturing, and other applications.
Key features of FreeScan UE Pro
- Metrology-Grade High Accuracy: Accuracy of up to 0.02mm ensures consistent and precise scanning results.
- Global Precision Control: Integrated photogrammetry function eliminates the need for reference points and quickly locks the spatial position of the target frame in a large scene.
- Multiple Scanning Modes: 13 cross laser lines are used to quickly scan large objects, 5 parallel laser lines are used to scan fine details, and 1 single laser line is used to scan deep holes and narrow areas.
- Easy Operation: The user-friendly scanning software, which inherits the lightweight and ergonomic design of the UE series, enables simple operation and shortens the learning curve.
- Wide Range of Material Adaptations: Supports scanning of black and highly reflective surfaces, reduces the need for scanning spray, and improves scanning efficiency.
- Fine and Rich Details: With higher resolution cameras and 5 parallel laser lines, FreeScan UE Pro enables rich feature object scanning and more accurate restoration of fine details.
- OTA-Updates: When a new update is available, a notification appears to allow for a direct download of the free software.
- Seamless docking to inspection and design software: The scan data can be imported with one click into all popular 3D inspection and design software programmes, such as Geomagic Control X, Geomagic Design X, and Verisurf Inspect, improving workflow efficiency.
About SHINING 3D: SHINING 3D has been a pioneer in independent research and development of technologies for 3D digitization, inspection, and digital dentistry since its inception in 2004; SHINING 3D holds over 300 patents and more than 100 copyrights in these areas.
About Manufactur3D Magazine: Manufactur3D is an online magazine on 3D Printing. Visit our Tech News page for more updates on Global 3D Printing News. To stay up-to-date about the latest happenings in the 3D printing world, like us on Facebook or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.