Vellore Institute of Technology’s (VIT) Centre for Biomaterials, Cellular and Molecular Theranostics (CBCMT) is organising BioMet 2018 – an International Conference on Biomaterials, Bioengineering, and Biotheranostics in association with Society for Biomaterials and Artificial Organs and Society for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine.
Also supported by the Association of Indian Manufacturers of Medical Devices (AiMED), BioMet 2018 is a four-day event that will be held from 24th July, 2018 to 28th July 2018 in VIT.
CBCMT- the research arm of VIT is organising this international conference with an attempt to bring in leading scientists of various fields, clinicians and delegates from healthcare industry together on a single platform.
Scientists, clinicians and engineers, from all around the world, having varied research interests like-biomaterials, nanotechnology, tissue engineering, stem cells, molecular biology, drug delivery and gene therapy will participate in the conference to discuss the challenges and options in clinical theranostics. Theranostics is a new field of medicine which combines specific targeted therapy based on specific targeted diagnostic tests to enhance patient care.
The event consists of a two-day pre-conference workshop (24th-25th July) where one session is dedicated to biofabrication and 3D printing for regenerative medicine. In these workshops, attendees will get an opportunity to learn the basics and challenges in the field of biomaterials, bioengineering and biotheranostics. The pre-conference workshops will be followed by the three days (26th-28th July) conference that includes- keynote and plenary sessions, brain-storming panel discussions by invited national as well as international speakers, oral and poster presentation by participants.
Some of the key highlights of BioMet 2018 include:
- 40 International speakers from different field of expertise from 17 different countries
- 35 National speakers which include scientists, clinicians, and industry experts
- RIN: A special session for research industry networking (RIN) is also being organized to identify mutual collaborators to work on translational research
- Publication: Two International journals namely Journal of Nanomedicine :Nanotechnology , Biology and medicine (Elsevier) and Regenerative Engineering and Translational medicine (Springer, Nature ), have agreed to publish the papers after peer reviewing process. Four poster awards and two oral presentation awards from RCS Biomaterials and ACS omega and ACS Biomaterials Science and Engineering.
- Preconference workshop on emerging and important areas like stem cells, gene therapy, tissue engineering etc.
- Lunch-on discussion sessions for closer interaction between the participants and speakers
BioMet 2018 is expected to see a participation of hundreds of people from diverse field and presents a good platform, especially for 3D printing companies operating in the healthcare sector to showcase their products to a diverse crowd such as scientists, clinicians from India and abroad.
More details about the BioMet 2018 International Conference can be found here
About VIT: Vellore Institute of Technology was founded in 1984 as Vellore Engineering College by the Chancellor Dr. G. Viswanathan. From its humble beginning, the institution has grown exponentially to that of having more than 33,000 students. Students from all the states of India and from more than 50 countries are studying at VIT. University status was conferred in 2001 by MHRD Govt. of India in recognition of its excellence in academics, research and extracurricular initiatives
About CBCMT: Centre for biomaterials, cellular and molecular theranostics (CBCMT) is a research centre of VIT . The centre comprises of an active interdisciplinary team comprising of material scientist, tissue engineers, mechanical engineer, medical physicist and basic biologists who work together in addressing the unmet needs in the field of biomedical science/engineering as well as in diagnostics with the primary aim in bridging the gap between ‘bench’ and ‘bed’.
About Manufactur3D Magazine: Manufactur3D is an online magazine on 3D Printing. Visit our Global News page for more updates on 3D Printing Technology News. To stay up-to-date about the latest happenings in the 3D printing world, like us on Facebook or follow us on Google+