As 3D modelling becomes an increasingly important part of many industries, it’s important to have access to intuitive and easy-to-use 3D modelling platforms. That’s where Womp 3D comes in. Womp 3D is a powerful, browser-based 3D modelling platform that provides users with all the tools they need to create stunning 3D models without having to install any software. Whether you’re a professional designer, engineer, or student, Womp 3D makes it easy to bring your ideas to life.
Let us explain why this is the design software you should add to your arsenal and why it makes sense to switch to this browser-based 3D modelling platform.
What is Womp 3D, really?
Womp 3D is an intuitive tool for creating simple concept designs or 3D models for character design, product design, digital models for AR/VR, animation, and games. It describes itself as a “easy-to-use 3D creation and publishing app” that lets users work with a “new kind of 3D liquid that allows you to goop, melt, add and subtract shapes with each other”. All models created are always production ready, and ready for digital export or 3D printing.
Womp 3D is primarily aimed at non-professional or non-specialist designers who want to create graphics but find traditional software solutions to be too complex or to have a steep learning curve. These beginners can quickly and easily get started with Womp 3D and begin creating, sharing their creations on social media, or simply exporting for 3D printing.
However, do not dismiss Womp 3D as a non-professional software; it can perform real-time Boolean operations for modelling. Users can create models by combining 3D primitives such as cubes, cylinders and/or spheres with Boolean functions such as union and subtraction. It can even easily smooth out the edges of the parts.
Womp, in addition to these operations, blends various materials to give the impression of pulling around a rubbery, gooey material with an elastic feel. It just seems so refreshing.
Such operations result in real-time object modification simply by moving adjacent objects around. If you’re new to Womp 3D, simply go to the website, click on ‘Open Womp Alpha‘ and after signing up, look at the first default model you see on the user interface. A cube that has been hollowed out, with a sphere protruding from one end. Simply have fun moving the sphere around the cube. You’ll enjoy what you see.
According to Womp 3D, it’s a ‘All-New Melty, Goopy’ approach to 3D modelling!
Womp 3D provides all of the basic functionality you’d expect in a design software, such as movement, rotation, and scaling functions, a viewport to see the model from all angles, render options in 4K, file export options in OBJ, 3DS, PLY, or STL format for 3D printing, and editing and rendering in other 3D software: the Womp interface suggests 3ds Max, Blender, or Cinema 4D.
Womp comes with a set of readymade PBR materials that can be dragged and dropped onto objects, including metal, plastic, rubber, skin, glass, and, yes, jelly. It also has lighting options for rectangular, dome, or spherical lights, as well as an HDRI environment.
It is important to note that Womp 3D is still in its Alpha testing phase, which is an early development stage. It is still learning, and the team may add new features as as they go along.
Features of Womp 3D – The 3D Modelling Platform
Womp 3D is a feature-rich 3D modelling platform that is intended to be simple to use. Some of Womp 3D’s key features are as follows:
- Browser-based: Because it is browser-based software, it eliminates the need for time-consuming downloads and updates, as well as the need for a powerful computer to run it.
- Video Recording: You can record a video while ‘womping’ (Read: Designing) which can be quite helpful if you are making a tutorial video or just want to see how your designers are working by analysing the recording later.
- Scene list panel: The ‘Scene list panel’ on the left makes it simple to track different models added to the design.
- Export Formats: One can export designs as images in PNG format and as 3D models in STL, PLY and OBJ formats.
- Sharing: It is simple to collaborate and share your work with managers, colleagues, and friends using Womp 3D.
Benefits of using Womp 3D
There are numerous advantages to using Womp 3D, including:
- Accessibility: Womp 3D is a browser-based platform, which means it can be accessed from any location with an internet connection.
- Small Learning Curve: Because Womp 3D is designed for beginners, it is simple to learn and begin your designing journey.
- Free to Use: The software is currently free to use, and anyone can sign up and begin using it.
- Tutorials: Womp 3D is constantly uploading tutorial videos to its YouTube channel to assist new users with the UI, workflow, and design tips and tricks.
- User-friendly interface: Womp 3D is designed to be simple to use even for inexperienced users.
Cons of Womp 3D
- Users have to sign up (and share an email address) even to use the free version.
- Womp works on all browsers but it is fully compatible only on Chrome browser.
Womp 3D has been used in a variety of industries to create stunning 3D models, including:
- Characters: Womp 3D has been used to create detailed 3D models of unusual and out-of-this-world characters with relative ease. You can look through some of the models on the Womp 3D website. Characters are required in a wide range of applications, including games, AR/VR projects, animation, and more.
- Product design: Womp 3D can also be used to create realistic product designs. These models can be used to communicate ideas and designs.
- Game design: Womp 3D has been used in the creation of 3D models for use in video games and other interactive media.
Womp 3D is a powerful and user-friendly browser-based 3D modelling platform that anyone with an internet connection can use. Womp 3D is a great option for bringing your ideas to life, whether you’re a professional designer or engineer or just getting started with 3D modelling.
Womp 3D is a must-try for anyone looking for a powerful and easy-to-use 3D modelling platform, thanks to its user-friendly interface, affordable pricing, and compatibility with most web browsers and operating systems. So, why wait? Start using Womp 3D right away to take your 3D modelling to the next level!
About Manufactur3D Magazine: Manufactur3D is an online magazine on 3D printing. which publishes the latest 3D printing news, insights and analysis from all around the world. Visit our 3D Printing Education page to read more such informative articles. To stay up-to-date about the latest happenings in the 3D printing world, like us on Facebook or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.